Easiest Way to Cook Perfect Tuna Casserole Batch 7

Tuna Casserole Batch 7. I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious.

Tuna Casserole Batch 7 This family meal is so good we always make a large batch because it heats up so well for leftovers for later. I have never been a tuna casserole fan but when I saw the name of this one, I though I HAD to give it a try! I am so glad that I did!! You can cook Tuna Casserole Batch 7 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.

Ingredients of Tuna Casserole Batch 7

  1. You need 8 ounces of potato chips.
  2. It's 20 ounces of canned tuna.
  3. Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots.
  4. Prepare 1 cup of English peas.
  5. It's 8 ounces of cooked corkscrew/Cavatappi pasta.
  6. You need 2 cups of crushed butter crackers like Ritz.
  7. It's As needed of water to boil.
  8. It's To taste of salt.
  9. Prepare 1 tablespoon of salt to boil in water.
  10. It's 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.

This was indeed the Best tuna casserole I have ever had and my family. In a saucepan, saute onions in butter. Drain the solid white albacore chunk tuna. Mix the cream of mushroom soup, albacore tuna and peas together in medium mixing bowl.

Tuna Casserole Batch 7 instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Crush the crackers and set aside. In a bowl crush the chips..
  2. Boil the water, add the carrots and pasta in the boiling water, with salt, and olive oil. Cook pasta as instructed on package with the carrots. If the carrots aren't done it's ok the still cook in the oven..
  3. When pasta is finished boiling. Retain 1 cup of pasta water you may need it in a bit. Mix the tuna, drained pasta and carrots, soup, peas, and mix with the crushed chips in the bowl. If too dry add a bit of pasta water..
  4. Add mixture to a hot cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with crushed crackers on top. Bake in the oven 17-25 minutes..
  5. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.

Stir the egg noodles into the tuna mixture. To make the extra mini batch, I cut the sauce recipe in half (which is is still on the generous side, but as I mentioned I am a sauce-lover).. I was late to jump on the tuna casserole train, but in this case it was completely worth the wait. Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish. Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs - so good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recipe: Delicious Hujiao bing (Taiwanese pepper buns)

Recipe: Appetizing Steven's Whoppers Ice Cream Cake

Recipe: Appetizing Almond Cherry Biscotti